Want to get your business name out there in the public eye? It’s as easy as chewing gum!
This business card holder can be used on a bulletin board to hold more than one card, or made into a stand to place on your craft show table or elsewhere. Choose colors and patterns for the paper that will compliment your shop’s aesthetic and coordinate with the design of your business card.
Free template included!
Here’s what you’ll need:
❤ Empty pack of Orbit (or similar) gum, or download our free template
❤ Card stock or sturdy double-sided scrapbook paper (both sides will show)
❤ Your business cards
❤ [Optional] Flat headed push pin (for bulletin board version only)
Here’s how to make it:
- Carefully take apart the gum package so that you are left with a flat shape (you can discard the foil lining) or print out our template and cut out around the solid line
- Using the package or template as a guide, lightly trace the outer shape onto your paper and cut it out. (Don’t worry about tracing the little hole).
- Using the original gum package or template as a reference, fold the gum-holding part of your new package into shape and glue together. On the template, the dashed lines are where you should fold.
- FOR BULLETIN BOARD VERSION: Poke a push pin through the closure flap and glue one of your business cards on top of the flap. (This way, even when the last business card has been taken, your information will still be displayed. Instead of filling with gum, fill the package with your business cards and hang it on a bulletin board using the pin.
- FOR STAND VERSION: Fold back the closure flap to create a stand. For added stability, cut a 1″ x 2.5″ strip from the same paper used to make your display and glue the strip between the back of the display and the flap. (This will keep the flap from slipping and your stand from falling over.) Fill with business cards and display!